Frequently Asked Questions
For questions that are not covered in this section, please feel free to contact us
- 1. How can I contact you?
- 2. Are my transactions secure?
- 3. What methods of payment are accepted?
- 4. Will I be charged with a sales tax?
- 5. Can I return the products?
- 6. How does the shipping and handling work?
- 7. What does the Lower East Side have to offer?
- 8. When will my order be shipped?
- 9. Do you offer layaway?
- 11. How do I submit my designs?
- 12. Are your earrings sold as singles or pairs?
- 13. Will my purchase come with giftwrap?
- 14. Can I use a gift certificate or store credit toward my purchase?
- 15. I broke my piece, what do I do now?
- 16. What does pick-up in store mean?
- 17. How do I know if something is in stock?
- 18. I saw something in the store and I can't find it online
- 19. Do you take phone orders?
- 20. How do I figure out my ring size?
- 21. Can I return a discounted item?
1. How can I contact you?
*By Email: [email protected]
249 Broome St
New York, NY 10002
2. Are my transactions secure?
We guarantee the security of your privacy by using the highest encryption technology to process your credit card.
3. What methods of payment are accepted?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express cards. No CODs please.
4. Will I be charged with a sales tax?
We collect and remit sales tax based on state and local requirements.
5. Can I return the products?
We do offer free nationwide returns: Your item must be in its original unused condition to be returned. You must return the item within 10 days of receipt of your purchase. Please email [email protected] to request a refund. We offer this service so we can guarantee your absolute satisfaction. Should you not be happy with your purchase, please let us know how we can do better! A full refund of the merchandise and taxes will be given (no hidden processing fees) however shipping and handling for the delivery and pick up will only be refunded for customers in the US. Please understand that we can not pay for worldwide shipping fees. To prevent return fraud we can only refund in the same method of payment as the original payment. We also offer an exchange of the item as well as store credits. Please note that this is an online policy only as we try to even out the disadvantage of not being able to try on the pieces of interest in person (experience shows that especially finding the perfect ring size can be a bit tricky).
Sales items: All sales items are considered final sale.
Articles are accepted for store credit or exchange in the U.S. if returned in saleable condition within 30 days of purchase, accompanied by a sales receipt. Returns may be sent to our Customer Service Center, or you may take your return to any of our retail stores in the U.S. An exchange or store credit within 30 days of purchase is possible for online purchases as well as in-store purchases.
Gift recipients are entitled to a nonrefundable merchandise credit.
Returns may be sent to our Customer Service Center at:
249 Broome St
New York, NY 10002
Certain restrictions apply.
6. How does the shipping and handling work?
For domestic locations, all items are insured and shipped for a flat rate of $15.00 via UPS ground (arrives in 3-5 business days.) For express shipping (arrives in 1-2 business days) the rate is $35.00 for 2 business day air and $45 for next Business day air. International shipment rates vary. Any order for more than $150 (incl.tax) is eligible for free shipping in the US. Please contact customer service for a rate quote or create your own quote during the checkout process via our shopping cart.
Please note that a signature will be required unless otherwise requested in writing.
7. What else does the Lower East Side have to offer?
Over the last few years, the Lower East Side went through a transition and has become one of New York City's most vibrant neighborhoods. Countless bars, restaurants, galleries and boutiques are the talk of town right now. Stop by our store for personal recommendations or check out www.lowereastsideny.com for more info.
8. When will my order be shipped?
If your items are in stock, they usually ship within 1-2 business days. If we are out of stock, or your item is made to order, please allow up to 4 weeks of processing time, unless otherwise specified. We always do our best to ship your order as soon as possible.
9. Do you offer layaway?
We offer layaway plans for in store purchases only. We require a minimum of 50% deposit, and the balance must be fully paid within 3 months.
10. Can you set my heirloom stones in one of your settings?
We can definitely create a custom made design with your heirloom stones. Many times a precious heirloom stone is the starting point for a unique jewelry creation. Contact us now and start the conversation!
11. How do I submit my designs?
If you are a designer and would like to submit your pieces to our team for consideration, please email us at [email protected] We appreciate your interest and will reply if your designs make sense for Yaf Sparkle.
12. Are your earrings sold as singles or pairs?
Our earrings are sold in pairs, unless otherwise specified on the product page. Any earring with the word "single" in the description is sold as a single. If you want to buy a pair, select "2" in quantity and we will send you a pair.
13. Will my purchase come with giftwrap?
Yes. All of our pieces will be packaged in our signature gift box with ribbon. If you would like for us to leave the ribbon on the side so that you can peek at your package, please leave us a note.
14. Can I use a gift certificate or store credit toward my purchase?
If you have a received a gift certificate or have a credit from our retail store, please call us to process your credit toward your online order.
15. I broke my piece, what do I do now?
Your satisfaction is our highest priority. Please send us an email or bring the piece to our store and we will work with you to repair it.
16. What does pick-up in store mean?
You can shop online and pick-up your order in our store in 249 Broome St and avoid shipping costs. Make sure to wait until you receive an email or call letting you know your order is ready for you. NY taxes will apply to your order.
17. How do I know if something is in stock?
We do our best to ensure items online are in stock. However, items will occasionally sell out and some of them are made to order. You can email us or call us at (212) 254-0451 to make sure we have your item on hand.
18. I saw something in the store and I can't find it online
We have a wide range of pieces, and receive new items constantly, so you may have seen pieces in store that you can’t find online yet. If you would like to make your purchase from home and you can’t find it online, please give us a call or send us an email and we will ship it.
19. Do you take phone orders?
We take phone orders at (212) 254-0451.
20. How do I figure out my ring size?
If you do not know your ring size, we highly recommend having your finger sized by a local jeweler. If you have ordered from us before, we may have your ring size on file, please email us! All of our rings are standard US sizes. If you do not know your US ring size, we recommend having your finger sized by a local jeweler and asking for your US ring size.
21. Can I return a discounted item?
All discounted items are final sale and therefore can not be returned. Nevertheless, please let us know why you are unhappy with the product and we will do our best to help!